Annual LAPC Photo Contest
During the November Club meeting we will be having our annual LAPC Photo Contest. The rules for that contest are below. We are pleased to announce that Porter’s Digital Cameras and Imaging will be sponsoring our contest and will be providing the awards. Check out the categories and get your photos ready for some judging.
All Members Digital Photographer’s Showcase
During the meeting we will also have an “All Members Digital Photographer’s Showcase”. All attendees are asked to bring 5 – 10 of their favorite photos on a memory card (SD, Compact Flash, Micro SD, USB Flash Drive) and we will copy them onto a PC and put together a digital slide show. So while our photos are being judged, you can see what the other members having been taking pictures of during 2008/2009. Bring photos that are different than you are entering into the contest, as we will be able to see those photos in print.
We will also set up the Logan Mat Cutter for Members use during the event. Experienced Club members will be available to assist you in cutting some mats for a few of those photos you have always wanted to get matted and eventually framed. Stop by Hobby Lobby or your favorite art store and pick up some mat board that highlights the photos you want to mat. The Club does not have any mat board available.
Annual LAPC Photo Contest Rules
1. Competitors must be members of the Linn Area Photo Club and must have paid their dues by the October meeting.
2. Entries must be in print form. The seven (7) categories for the Annual Contest are:
3) Still Life
4) Anything Goes
3. Winning entries for each category will receive an award for1st Place, 2nd Place and 3rd Place. Honorable Mention certificates may also be awarded, up to a maximum of ten (10) awards given for each category. There will also be one award given as a Best of Show for the winner of the overall contest, and that photo may come from any of the categories.
4. Each entry must be the original work of the competitor and must have been taken within the previous two (2) years.
5. Any photo that wins the Best of Show, 1st Place, 2nd Place, or 3rd Place in any LAPC Annual Contest, may never be submitted for any LAPC contest again.
6. Each competitor may submit one (1) photo in each of the six (6) primary categories. The Beginner category is reserved for members who have never won a contest with LAPC or any external contest.
7. Minimum print size is 5×7 inches. Maximum print size is 11×14 inches.
8. All prints must be mounted on rigid boards no larger than 11×14 inches. Prints may be matted, but it is not a requirement. Maximum 11×14 inch size includes matting, if applicable. Prints cannot be framed.
9. All prints must have competitor’s name and image title clearly printed on the back of the mount.
10. Members must be present to enter and receive an award.
11. Nude photos are not eligible.