When posting a photo for critique , it is a good idea to ask for specific feedback. It is difficult to improve our skill set if we are only asking “What do you think?” I know when is my mother is looking at my photograph, she would think that it should be on the cover of National Geographic. That is not really helping me improve my photography.
Asking questions like:
- How well is the subject captured?
- This image is flat. How can I make it “pop” in post processing?
- How can I improve the lighting?
- How could I frame this shot better?
This is the starting point for forming a discussion and through that discussion growth develops.
Linn Area Photo Club provides a great service as part of your membership where you can get valuable feedback on you photos. If you would like to have you images critiqued, please submit your images to: [email protected] with the subject line: CONTEST SUBMISSIONS
Include the following information with your image:
- Email address
- Image Title
- JPEG images only (smaller than 4MB file size)
- Optional information: camera settings (f-stop, shutter speed and ISO)
- Additional questions you would like to have answered during the feedback.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED!! If you would like to help members improve their skills by providing feedback, please send a email to: [email protected] with the subject line: VOLUNTEER.