- This event has passed.
June 14th Monthly Meeting: Rapture Bird Lecture & Photo Shoot
June 14, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm$5
Photo Contest Theme: “My Favorite Toy”
We all grew up with toys. What was one of your favorite toys. Merry-Go-Round, Slide, Yatzee, Monopoly, GI Joe, Ninja Turtle, Disney Character, Power Ranger, Barbie, Lego, Star Wars, Matchbox, Spiderman, Train, Bike…..
Theme: SOAR – Raptor Lecture & Photo Shoot
SOAR (Saving Our Avian Resources) from Manning, Iowa will be giving a presentation on raptors followed by a photo shoot of three of their raptors…. American Kestrel, Red-tailed Hawk and a Barn Owl. We will set up studio lighting so you can take your photos…. hence the need for a tripod and no flash.
1:00 – 2:00 Linn County Conservation holds a SOAR raptor education
Event open to the public and Linn Area Photo
Club Members… free bring your LAPC ID
2:30 – 4:30 Linn Area Photo Club holds Raptor Photo Shoot
LAPC will set up a studio type arrangement to photograph the raptors:
No flash photography
Raptors are held by Soar staff
$5 fee… donated to Soar
Active LAPC Members Only
Club Members Bring:
- Extra Batteries
- Lots of Memory
- White Balance Tool (if you have one)
- No flash
- 85 – 100mm lens or greater…. you will be 5 feet away
- Know how to bracket your shots
- Low light conditions…. so know how to change your ISO 200 – 400
- Know how to set your white balance for the lights we will provide.
- Raptor’s eye is your focus point and needs a white highlight to be a great shot
- Might want to shoot at F6.7 to F9.0 for a little depth of field.