- This event has passed.
Small Group Workshop – Chuck Kimmerle **** Sold Out
May 20, 2018 @ 5:30 am - 4:00 pm
UPDATE & Reminder!!!!!
When: Sunday, May 20th
Where: Millstream Brau Haus
741 47th Ave Amana, IA
We will be shooting rural areas around Amana (Reason for change… finding good landscape images around Wickiup was less productive than around Amana).
Chuck will share his knowledge of taking great landscape images and will assist each user with any questions. We will then have some lunch at Millstream Brau Haus followed by another photo shoot and Chuck walking us through his digital workflow of some of the images we took that day.
Bring your camera gear, this is a hands on workshop!
- Batteries (charged and a back-up battery… we will be shooting for several hours)
- Memory Cards (several gigs)
- Dust Cloth
- Lenses (widest lens you have 17, 18, 20, 24 mm along with longer telephoto)
- Lens Hood(s)
- White Balance Tool (gray card, reflector, expo disk, etc)
- Rain Gear (please be prepared for that too if the weather channel predicts rain)
- Lunch – Cash/Credit (Club will provide some money towards the cost but not all)
Agenda (subject to adjustment)
- 5:30 – 10:00 Photo Shoot
- 10:00 – 12:00 Presentation (style, vision, and photographic space, post processing)
- 12:30 – 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 – 3:00 Photo Shoot 2
- 3:00 – ?? Final Thoughts
We look forward to seeing you.
Millstream is providing us the meeting room for free provided we eat lunch at their facility. Do not bring a lunch for obvious reasons. Here is a link to their menu… http://www.millstreambrewing.com/millstream-brau-haus.html.
We also need four volunteers to car pool the participants around. We will limit the number of cars to five, as we will be doing a lot of roadside photography and we cannot have 20 cars parked at the same place along some country roads. If you can take three passengers and want to provide your vehicle as a car pool vehicle please let us know. If you own a school bus or 20 passenger van… that works too!
Cost: $60 Member*