2016 LAPC ANNUAL CONTEST RULES
Each competitor may submit up to two (2) photos in each category, except in the My Favorite Photo and Club Selected Theme categories where only 1 entry per category is allowed.
1. People and Portraits
– Defined as individuals or groups of people as the primary focus of the photo.
– Domestic, captive, or wild.
– Includes mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, etc.
– Does not include insects (see Macro/Close-Up).
- Landscape / Scenery
– Photos that focus on natural settings.
- Macro / Close-Up
– Macro/Close-up of any permissible subject.
– Includes insects.
- Computer Enhanced / Manipulated
– Anything obviously and overtly unnatural and manipulated in the computer or darkroom (i.e.: selective coloring, unnatural-looking HDR, etc.).
– Any permissible subject is allowed.
– Any photo depicting action and or motion, i.e. Sports, running, movement, blur etc.
– Any permissible subject is allowed
– Any photo taken in a low light, darkness etc.
– Use of natural/ambient light (painting with a flashlight or flash etc. is permissible.
– Any permissible subject is allowed
8. My Favorite Photo
– Your favorite photo
– One (1) entry per person
– Must be 11X14” except for the following
– Panoramas can be any size with a minimum 2:1 aspect ratio and a maximum of 14” on the shortest side.
- Annual Club Selected Theme
– Theme to be decided by LAPC membership by an annual vote during a regularly scheduled club meeting from amongst a suggested list to be offered by LAPC membership and Contest Committee.
– One (1) entry per person.
– To be judged as a Member’s Choice.
– One (1) vote per eligible member.
– 1st Place only shall be awarded.
– Not eligible for Best of Show.
– Winner of Annual Club Theme Category will receive one (1) year paid membership to the LAPC for the following year starting January 1st.
- a) Competitors must be members in good standing with Linn Area Photo Club (LAPC), (have paid their dues at time of judging), and must be present to be eligible for the contest.
- b) Photos must be submitted to the entry table by 1:30 (Not just in the building).
LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!!!
a) Entries must be in print form only.
b) No restriction regarding print media. Glossy, matte, metallic, canvas, etc., are all acceptable.
c) Entries may be either color or black & white in any category, unless specifically restricted.
d) Entries must be the original work of the competitor, and must have been taken within the previous five (5) years.
e) Entries cannot have been a previous LAPC Annual Contest winner (1st, 2nd, or 3rd Place or Best of Show). Honorable mention photos maybe resubmitted if changes have been made to it for reconsideration.
f) Photos must be mounted on 11”X14” foam core board or rigid backing, no less than 1/8” thick. Metal prints (not metallic) need not be mounted. Panoramic prints shall be mounted to print size.
g) Matting is optional but cannot exceed the 11 x 14” overall size limit.
h) Entries cannot be framed or include any type of covering.
j) All entries must have the competitor’s name, image title, name (category) to be entered into and an arrow indicating up orientation on the back, lower right-hand corner. Information must be legible to the committee.
k) No collages.
l) No writing, logos or names allowed on front of photos.
m) Any photo may be disqualified by the Contest Rules Committee if deemed inappropriate and/or not meeting any rule or requirement.
n) Nude photos are not eligible.
o) Photos placed in a category by entrant but deemed to be better in a different category by Contest Committee may be moved as long as entrant has no more than allowed photos in that category. Entrant will be advised of possible move prior to doing so if possible.
Entries, Prizes, & Judging:
- a) Three (3) winning entries (1st, 2nd & 3rd Place), along with up to three (3) Honorable Mention entries, shall be selected, per category excluding Club Chosen category.
- b) Only the three winning entries (1st, 2nd, & 3rd Place) in each category, as well as Best of Show will receive a prize. Competitors may win up to two (2) awards/prizes in each category.
- c) The same photo may not be entered into more than one (1) category.
- d) Best of Show Award will be selected from amongst the 1st Place winners in all categories except Club Chosen, and be awarded in addition to the 1st Place Award for that category.
- e) The Annual Contest will be judged by a pre-selected judge or judges.
- f) Judge(s) and/or Contest Committee members reserve the right to move photos to other categories if category choice is deemed inappropriate. Photo will be disqualified if appropriate category already has maximum number of competitor entries.
Oct. 12, 2016 D&D