This came into our Club's email account….. this not an endorsement by the Club, but if you have an interest. No idea what is pays, but if you want some experience, this might be an opportunity.
My name is Elena Oleske, and I am hiring some part time photographers for our May/June season and was hoping that you or someone who you know might be interested. Thank you, and if you or someone in our photo club is interested, please feel free to call me or to email me.
GradImages®: Iowa City – We are hiring graduation photographers
Here are some basic details regarding the position.
GradImages® is currently searching for photographers to work with us during the Spring Graduation season. GradImages® is a premier education photography company responsible for photographing over 4,500 graduation events each year, our goal is to hire photographers that are able to take good quality photos and who are able to work as many graduation events as possible during the graduation seasons.
Date of F2F interview in Iowa City: April 21, 2018
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Using company equipment to take good quality photographs of graduates during graduation events
- Traveling to graduation events
- Working with team captains and assistants to ensure photography during graduation events runs as smoothly as possible while providing excellent customer service to clients, graduates and their families.
- Photographers are hired to take photos on company equipment. The positions do not require photographers participate in any post-production editing or selling.
- At least 1 year of DSLR camera experience (professional, educational, freelance or any combination), with the ability to quickly take good quality, consistent photos of each and every graduate as their names are called during graduation ceremonies
- The ability to provide stellar customer service to clients, graduates and their families.
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently. The ability to react quickly and make good decisions while multi-tasking at a very fast pace.
- The ability to wear appropriate FORMAL clothing to ALL events, ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS MUST OWN AND WEAR DARK COLORED BUSINESS SUITS and appropriate / coordinating shoes. The ability to maintain a professional appearance and give consideration to neatness and cleanliness.
- The ability to stand, move quickly and hold the camera for the duration of any graduation ceremonies in indoor or outdoor settings sometimes on uneven terrain. The ability to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for 4-6 hours.